The Women’s Murder Club series is one of the most popular crime mystery series by prolific author James Patterson best known for his Alex Cross thriller series.
It features four main members: Lindsay Boxer, who is a homicide detective for the San Francisco Police Department; Cindy Thomas, a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle; Claire Washburn, the Chief Medical Examiner for San Francisco; and finally, Yuki Castellano, a San Francisco district attorney.
The four friends meet up and solver crime mysteries using their talents, knowledge and information. They brainstorm over each case in a way that falls outside of their own jurisdiction, and they work to solve the cases when others can’t.
Women’s Murder Club Series
- 1st to Die, 2001
- 2nd Chance, 2002 (with Andrew Gross)
- 3rd Degree, 2004 (with Andrew Gross)
- 4th of July, 2005 (with Maxine Paetro)
- The 5th Horseman, 2006 (with Maxine Paetro)
- The 6th Target, 2007 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 7th Heaven, 2007 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 8th Confession, 2009 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 9th Judgment, 2010 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 10th Anniversary, 2011 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 11th Hour, 2012 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 12th of Never, 2013 (with Maxine Paetro)
- Unlucky 13, 2014 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 14th Deadly Sin, 2015 (with Maxine Paetro)
- 15th Affair, 2016 (with Maxine Paetro)
- The Trial, 2016 (with Maxine Paetro) (novella)
- 16th Seduction, 2017 (with Maxine Paetro)
- The Medical Examiner, 2017 (with Maxine Paetro) (novella)
- 17th Suspect, 2018 (with Maxine Paetro)
The James Patterson Women’s Murder Club Books are action-packed and extremely fun to read. All the main characters are well fleshed out, and the stories are gripping in each book.
One of the special features of these books is the fact that all full-length books start with a consecutive number, of course, all tied into the actual case that is investigated.
Lindsay Boxer is a homicide investigator who has a good life, a great husband and a kid, and a job she loves. She suffers a serious blood disease which can be fatal. Many of the books focus more on her than the actual club. In the last few books of the series, the authors focus more on her private life and her disintegrating marriage with Joe.
The books are all written with short chapter, rather large font (at least in the paperback edition), and lots of white space, making them perfect beach reads.
The Women’s Murder Club series books have been also made into a successful TV series that aired between 2007 and 2008 on ABC.